CCI's vision is to secure a sustainable future for biodiversity and society through an effective partnership of leaders in research, education, policy and practice.
CCI's mission is to deliver transformational approaches to understanding and conserving biodiversity and the wealth of natural capital it represents.
CCI's Strategic Objectives are to:
- Increase the effectiveness of conservation actions by catalysing innovative and collaborative interdisciplinary work that delivers sustainable solutions for natural resource management.
- Enhance global leadership and knowledge exchange through capacity building, training and networking.
- Foster and champion a comprehensive understanding of the values of biological diversity in order to address the urgent need for sustainable biodiversity conservation.
- Engage with and provide analysis to inform decision-making by government, industry and civil society in local, national and international contexts.
- Find new ways of working beyond organisational boundaries through co-location and closer collaboration and convening.